Dated: December 21, 2013
Jazz Pharmaceuticals may collect and process the following kinds of information:
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. information from which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth or other similar information (“Personal Information”)) when you voluntarily provide this information to us or when you give permission to others (such as your healthcare provider) to share such Personal Information with us.
- Non-personally identifiable information relating to such things as the total number of visits to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of our visitors and the browser version you are using, the date and time of access, the time spent on our website and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
- We may also request from time to time that you provide us with additional demographic or other health information through responses to questions or surveys.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Jazz Pharmaceuticals may use Personal Information in a variety of ways. Your Personal Information may be used to respond to your inquiries or provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do provide Personal Information to us, you agree we may contact you through a variety of methods including e-mail, postal mail and telephone. In addition, Jazz Pharmaceuticals may use both Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information to improve the content of our websites, to customize our websites to your preferences, to understand how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and the customer experience and for internal research purposes. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and for purpose of system administration. We may also aggregate your Personal Information with other data and use such aggregated data to help us improve our products and services.
If you contact us to report on your experience, or the experiences of your patients, with the use of our medicines, we may contact you for follow up information. We may also use the information you provide to submit reports of adverse events to government agencies such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or as otherwise required by law or government audit.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we reorganize, sell, transfer or purchase any product, or all or part of our business or assets, in which case we may share your Personal Information with prospective purchasers and other business partners and may transfer your Personal Information to the actual purchaser.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our legal notice and other agreements, to respond to authorized information requests of government authorities, the courts, law enforcement agencies, for corporate audits or to protect the rights, property or safety of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, our investors or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and to respond to complaints or security threats.
You may choose to discontinue your consent to use your Personal Information by “opting out” or “unsubscribing” if you decide that you no longer want to participate in a program or receive additional information from us.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. Jazz Pharmaceuticals takes reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information as you transmit it to our websites and to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The data you provide us will be held on a secured web server operated by Jazz Pharmaceuticals or an agent performing services on our behalf. Unfortunately, the confidentiality of any Personal Information or the transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure or error-free, and Jazz Pharmaceuticals cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us. You should also recognize that your use of the Internet and our websites is solely at your own risk.
When you come to our website, we may obtain information about your Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is a text file stored on the hard drive of your computer. We do not collect personally identifiable information with our cookies but we use them to improve our website, gather aggregate usage metrics and deliver a more personalized service, including enabling us to track the interests of our users, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to recognize our users when they come to our websites, to store information about your preferences and allow us to customize our website in accordance with your interests, and to speed up your searches. Web browsers typically accept cookies by default but you may change the settings of your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from websites. However, if you configure your browser to stop accepting cookies, you may be unable to properly use certain parts of our website.
You may receive emails from Jazz Pharmaceuticals. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the links available in our emails. On some of our websites, you can choose to use a “Send” or “Share” service to send content from the website to someone else. In such case we will ask you for information such as their email address as well as your name and email address. The information you provide will be used to send a single message by us on your behalf. This information will not be collected or stored for any additional purpose.
Where We Store Personal Information
Links to Other Websites
Jazz Pharmaceuticals websites may contain links to and from websites maintained by third parties that may provide useful information to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies. Jazz Pharmaceuticals is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. We encourage you to check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Children Under 13
Our websites are not intended or aimed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly directly collect personally identifiable information from visitors to our website who are under the age of 13 without parental consent, nor do we market our websites to anyone under the age of 13. We ask that if you are under the age of 13 not to send any information about yourself to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
Use of Social Security Numbers
Jazz Pharmaceuticals has policies that govern the use and protection of Social Security Numbers (“SSNs”) collected for legitimate business purposes and limits access to SSNs. Jazz Pharmaceuticals will use reasonable efforts to inform parties of its collection efforts and the purposes for which their SSN is being collected by Jazz Pharmaceuticals before or at the time it is collected directly from such parties. Jazz Pharmaceuticals implements reasonable and appropriate technological and organizational security measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of SSNs, and to help protect against unauthorized or illegal access, disclosure, or destruction. All employees and agents of Jazz Pharmaceuticals will comply with such policies.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals Privacy Office
1818 Market Street, Suite 2350
Philadelphia, PA 19103