Medical Education Grants
Jazz Pharmaceuticals (Jazz) is committed to improving patient outcomes and providing support in compliance with local regulations.
Therapeutic Areas of Interest
Narcolepsy (US and Canada Only)
- The burden of illness and symptoms associated with Narcolepsy, including cardiometabolic comorbidities and lifelong management of disease
- Treatment impact on Narcolepsy and associated comorbidities
- The potential impact of excessive sodium intake on health and relevance of this risk in Narcolepsy patients (US and Canada Only)
- Screening and diagnostic challenges of Narcolepsy
- The impact of delayed diagnosis of Narcolepsy
Idiopathic Hypersomnia (US and Canada Only)
- Screening, diagnosis, and management of Idiopathic Hypersomnia
- Differentiation of Idiopathic Hypersomnia from other causes of EDS
- Symptoms associated with Idiopathic Hypersomnia and the impact of treatment, including efficacy and safety considerations
- The burden of illness associated with Idiopathic Hypersomnia, including comorbidities
- Validated measures for clinical practice assessment of changes in the severity of Idiopathic Hypersomnia
- The potential impact of excessive sodium intake on health and specific relevance of this risk in Idiopathic Hypersomnia patients
- Identification, diagnosis and optimal seizure management of Lennox-Gastaut
Syndrome (LGS), Dravet Syndrome (DS) or Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC)
- Management of patient transition from pediatric to adult practices
- Management of patients with rare developmental and epileptic encephalopathies
(DEEs) (e.g., LGS, DS, and TSC) beyond seizures
- Early epilepsy treatment and improvement of long-term outcomes
- Pre-clinical and clinical research on cannabinoid-based products and medicines including:
- Systemic reviews
- Meta analyses
- Patient case studies
- Evaluation of differences in evidence/data presented for cannabinoid-based products submitted for regulatory approval (including, for example FDA, EMA, MHRA, PMDA) including evaluations regarding:
- Clinical trial evidence
- Established and unknown risks and safety profiles associated with different cannabinoid-based products and medicines
- Science of cannabinoids (including but not limited to):
- Sources of cannabinoids (eg phytocannabinoids, endocannabinoids, synthetic cannabinoids)
- Endocannabinoid system
- Cannabis plant, phytocannabinoids and active/inactive metabolites
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- The role of intensive chemotherapy in the treatment of secondary AML
- Identification and timely, actionable diagnosis of high-risk AML subsets (e.g., AML-MRC, tAML)
- Different technologies for the delivery of secondary AML treatments
- Treatment of secondary AML to include:
- Impact on quality of life
- Depth of response, real world data and long-term outcomes
- Appropriate management of secondary AML patients in the in-patient and out-patient setting
- The AML treatment paradigm (e.g., induction, consolidation, combination therapy, maintenance therapy) and patient management
- Clinical and economic burden of secondary AML
Endothelial Related Complications
- Recognition, incidence, risk factors, diagnosis and early intervention of VOD/SOS including in the non-transplant setting
- VOD/SOS diagnostic criteria, diagnostic techniques, radiologic findings and severity grading in both adult and pediatric patients
- Pathophysiology, progressive nature and life-threatening complications of advanced VOD/SOS and other endothelial related complications
- Efficacy, safety and mechanism of action of current therapies and patient management for the treatment of VOD/SOS
- Clinical and economic burden of VOD/SOS and other post-transplant complications associated with endothelial cell damage
- Efficacy and safety of current therapies and patient management for COVID-19 related ARDS and other endotheliitis
Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
- Treatment options in second-line therapy for small cell lung cancer (SCLC)
- Current considerations for SCLC therapies including:
- Mechanism of Action
- Patient management and safety profiles of SCLC second-line therapies
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- The biology of immune response, differentiation and management of asparaginase hypersensitivity reaction vs. infusion reaction and the impact and burden on safety and efficacy
- The importance of completing treatment and potential safety or other concerns associated with current clinical mitigation strategies for hypersensitivity reactions
- Recognition and management of asparaginase toxicities in the adult/young adult population
- Management of pediatric and adult/young adult ALL/LBL with asparaginase (e.g., monitoring, PK, safety, clinical value)
- Pediatric inspired protocols in the adult/young adult population
- The efficacy and clinical benefits of new asparaginase formulation in ALL/LBL
- Asparaginase therapies and combinations beyond ALL/LBL
View our current requests for application.
Eligible educational grant applicants include the following (not an exhaustive list):
- Medical Schools
- Medical Associations/Medical Societies
- Hospitals/Medical Centers
- Medical Education Providers
This system is currently accepting requests for medical education meetings, conferences, or symposia; medical center grand rounds lectures; fellowships; enduring medical education activities; and similar educational activities.
In Europe & International (EUR/INT) the system is also accepting requests for medical grants as allowed by local regulations.
The following grant requests are not covered by the educational grant request process: requests for funding educational activities that are promotional in nature (e.g., brand-specific promotional speaker activities); requests for funding activities related to promotion of a commercial product (e.g., commercial exhibits); and operational funding for patient advocacy organizations.
How to Apply
- Grant requests should be submitted using the Jazz Pharmaceuticals Request Management System.
- All grant requests should be received by Jazz in complete form at least 60 days prior to the commencement of the educational activity for consideration.
- The system will guide applicants through the process of determining the request type and the required documents for each request.
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals does not control or influence the content of programs or the selection of speakers, authors, or faculty planners.
- All decisions regarding support are at the discretion of Jazz and will be communicated by email.
- Submission of a request does not guarantee support.
- For more information, or for questions regarding the status of a grant request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.